“Instead of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!”
Mack: Heard you two were pretty tight
Fitz: Well, if you mean "We’ve spent the last ten years of our life together and working for shield. We move in sync and she most of the time complete my sentences, bad habit but she does it anyways. We’re kind of connected on a spiritual level and are basically physically linked. And our last names combined are Fitzsimmons. I helped her when she was sick with a deathly virus even tho I could get infected, but I did anyways because I couldn’t bare the thought of losing her. I fell in love with her and I was going to die for her so she could live" kind of tight…Yeah, we were tight.
- do I really have to make this list
- are you serious
- Promos LIE. They DECEIVE. They tell you anything to get you to watch the next episode because they’re no good pieces of attention seeking shit
- But Em! Promos only use content from the actual episode! There must be some truth to it.
- Have you seen those videos on youtube that make CA:TWS look like a rom com?
- Fact is you can splice any scraps of footage together and get whatever result you want as long as you know your source material well and you know what you’re doing
- and the guys who make promos? yeah they know their shit
- so anyway, here are the actual reasons for Jemma’s character as to why she wouldn’t join the super nazi terrorist organisation that is HYDRA:
- She actively fought against Hydra in the past, even when Ward betrayed them (if she was going to join at any point, going with Ward would have been her best option bc he could vouch for her intelligence and usefulness)
- Jemma was SICKENED by Ward’s betrayal. She got into arguments with Fitz, her bff, about it bc she wasn’t going to stand there and try to think up possible acceptable reasons why Ward shot their coworkers in the head
- thanks to HYDRA, Jemma’s career, friends, even her college, have all gone bust. Remember how proud she was to go back and do that guest speaking role to all the kids training to become shield agents? HYDRA killed that.
- Thanks to HYDRA, Jemma nearly died at the bottom of the ocean
- thanks to HYDRA, Jemma’s best friend sustained potentially permanent brain damage
- would you join a group of people who previously tried to kill you? To quote Harry Potter “And [the Death Eaters]’d love to have me,” said Harry sarcastically. “We’d be best pals if they didn’t keep trying to do me in.”
- consider this: Jemma is working as a double agent for SHIELD or just by herself. Possibly she left SHIELD on bad terms intentionally, knowing that HYDRA would hear about it and hopefully approach her with a job opportunity
- like coulson wouldn’t know if jemma was working for HYDRA I mean really
- if you think about it, the only incriminating thing jemma does in the promo is put on a hydra jacket (disguise? double agent? blending in?) and pull a gun on coulson and tbh after that last episode and all the dumb shit coulson did, I really can’t blame her for that
yes yes thank you
ugh this makes me cry. fitz’s faces when he realizes that mack understands him <3